Latest release of The Server Framework: 7.1
Version 7.1 of The Server Framework was released today.
This release includes no bug fixes but begins to apply transformations that will allow code to compile on different platforms.
The next release, 7.2, will add in functional changes and bug fixes. If you haven’t yet migrated to 7.x, please see the 7.0 release notes. There will be no more releases of the 6.9.x release stream.
As always, see the release notes here, for full details of all changes.
- Preparations for making the code compile on other platforms.
- Some libraries now require that you include their Admin.h files in your Config.h if you wish to use the library. So, for example, if you are using the CoreTools library, you must include JetByteTools\CoreTools\Admin.h in your Config.h.
- Switch to using JetByteTools::Core::CReferenceCount for reference counts.
- Switch to using Core Tools atomic types rather than Interlocked operations directly.
- Switch to using
- Switch to using Core Tooks crash dumps rather than Win32 mini dumps.
- Switch to using Core Tools lockable objects rather than Win32 critical sections.
- Move DebugHelpers.h from Admin to Core Tools.
- Move Types.h from Admin to Core Tools.