Version 6.5.1 of The Server Framework was released today.
This is primarily a bug fix release, although we also add several new example clients and servers.
This release includes the following, see the release notes, here, for full details of all changes.
- Bug fixes to The Core Framework which affect the use of the newly added “Read Again” functionality.
- Fixes to the Hixie76 WebSockets protocol handler to improve interoperability.
- Added outbound connection establishment support to the Hixie76 protocol handler.
- Updated the WebSocket Echo Server Test and the Secure WebSocket Echo Server Test example clients to support the creation of both Hixie and HyBi connections.
- Fixed a race condition in the WebSocket example clients that could cause a connection to “stall” - note that this was an issue with the how the client code used the WebSocket layer and not an issue in The WebSockets Option Pack itself.
- Added two new example servers; a secure, managed WebSocket server which hosts the CLR and routes complete WebSocket messages to managed code for processing and a version of this example which also hosts a simple HTTP server.
- Added a new HTTP client. This is designed to stress test HTTP and HTTPS servers by creating thousands of concurrent connections and requesting various resources at controllable rates.